MapBiomas maps are constantly evolving. Frequently the study period is being updated, generating information at more detailed levels (extension of classes) and improving the image processing and the Feature Space to minimize classification errors.
The current version of the product is MapBiomas Trinational Atlantic Forest. Collection 1.
Disclaimer: Since the maps are constantly updated, it is recommended to verify that the latest available version is being used. In the Brazilian territory, it coincides with Collection 5 of Brazil.
PRODUCTS AVAILABLE TO GENERAL PUBLIC
- Annual maps of land cover and land use. They are maps in matrix or raster format (30 m pixel). The legend of the maps and the period covered may vary between collections.
- Mosaics of satellite images for each year of the historical series with a maximum spatial resolution of 30 m formed by the composition of the representative pixels of each set of images of a place in a certain period of time (e.g. filtering the clouds). All the dates of the year were considered for the generation of the mosaics. The mosaics contain 37 layers of information made up of 6 reflectance bands (and some summary statistics) + 11 spectral indices (and some summary statistics) calculated from them. The mosaics can be viewed directly in Google Earth Engine. Two "periods" wet and dry were defined to separate the 50% of the pixels with the highest values and the 50% of the values with the lowest pixels.
- Web platform for public consultation with images, maps and statistics from the MapBiomas Trinational Atlantic Forest Collection.
PRODUCTS AVAILABLE FOR SPECIALISTS OR DEVELOPERS
- Collection of image classification and processing scripts.
- Training samples used to classify.
- Methodological notes (produced in ATBD format) that explain the methodology used.