All MapBiomas products are constantly evolving. It is divided in Collections:
Collection 1 - published in April 2021 with a legend of 12 classes and covering the period 2000-2019.
Collection 2 - published in October 2022 with a legend of 18 classes and covering the period 1985-2021.
- MapBiomas Collection maps are an evolving product. When using the data make sure that you are always using the latest version available.
- MapBiomas maps have their best application in scales up to 1: 100,000. Although it is possible to view them on a 1: 50,000 scale, we do not recommend using them on this scale.
PRODUCTS AVAILABLE TO GENERAL PUBLIC
- Maps of cover and land use: they are maps in matrix or raster format (30 m pixel). The legend of the maps and the period covered may vary between collections.
- Mosaics of satellite images for each year of the historical series with a maximum spatial resolution of 30 m formed by the composition of the representative pixels of each set of images of a place in a certain period of time (e.g. filtering the clouds). All the dates of the year were considered for the generation of the mosaics. The mosaics contain 37 layers of information made up of 6 reflectance bands (and some summary statistics) + 11 spectral indices (and some summary statistics) calculated from them. The mosaics can be viewed directly in Google Earth Engine. Two "periods", wet and dry, were defined to separate the 50% of the pixels with the highest values and the 50% of the values with the lowest pixels.
- Web platform for public consultation with images, maps and statistics from the MapBiomas Trinational Atlantic Forest Collection.
PRODUCTS AVAILABLE FOR SPECIALISTS OR DEVELOPERS
- Methodological notes explain the whole working method including the specificities of each class.
- Access and Download Tools on Google Earth Engine - allows you to access and download MapBiomas data for different territorial sections.