From the Landsat mosaics, the classifications that result in land cover and land use maps are carried out for each year. Within the logic proposed by MapBiomas the maps will be updated every time there is an improvement in the classification algorithms. The classification methodology is dynamic and procedural, with the purpose of improving the classification of each typology.
Here you can access the coverage and land use maps.
Important: when composing a single mosaic or calculating statistics on maps it should be noted that:
- For area calculation it is necessary to use an appropriate metric projection.
- All data is in GeoTiff format and has LZW compression. To get the reference of the codes with the caption classes link.
The most current MapBiomas Collection can always be accessed in three ways:
1. bownsing on line in the dodashbard: https://plataforma.bosqueatlantico.mapbiomas.org
2. acess to the asset of data in Google Earth Engine:
3. download by state, municipality or any other geometryby the toolkit in Google Earth Engine (GEE).